The essence of the new books, noise of the students in the class, the fear of the teacher coming is fading away with the invention of the digital platforms. Last year was worst hit by the pandemic as we are aware of , education sector was also galloped in this. But it found its way through online mode. So, traditional way of teaching and learning has changed into online education but this does not mean that traditional method is completely out of trend.both have their own importance and disadvantages.
TRADITIONAL EDUCATION :
This method of education basically involves face to face communication and prefer books and knowledge of a teacher ..It has its own aesthetic value as it has been followed since ages .
- Social Interaction : Students learn to interact with their peers and teachers .This boost their confidence in two way communication.and even learn the social behavior.
- Exchange of Knowledge : Students while in discussion share their opinion and hence there is exchange of knowledge enriching the understanding on a particular topic,
- Extra curricular activities : School plays very important role in developing the capacity of a student by encouraging them to participate in extra curricular activities and make them competitive through various competition being organised .
- Discipline and self motivation : Educational institutions have their own routine and students have to follow ,this shape their discipline nature .strict rules and regulations and continuous guidance by the teachers contribute in their long way successful career.Self motivation will always be one of the decisive factor in tackling the obstacles.
- Participative Nature : Various competition organised in the institutions tend them to participate and involve to their full potential,even win the competition. .Competitions also teach sense of spirit and how to learn from the failures if you face.
Though tradional method of education cannot be replaced but it has some cons and they are
- Cost effective : Traditional method of teaching is cost barrier for many many cannot afford to teach their children in reputed schools and higher institiutions ,thus increases the burden on the parents.
- Time consuming : This method consumes all day time in doing the tasks assigned by the school thus killing the creativity of most of the students as it does not leave the extra time for the students to work on their creativity .
- Peer pressure : Not everybody can handle the failure and seeing their peer to excel in the field where they cannot creates the peer pressure among the students and sense of fear in taking the risk.
- Limitation of knowledge : students learn what the teacher know and limit their knowledge in that particular topic.they rely completely on the teacher .
ONLINE EDUCATION :
Digital revolution has changed the complete scenario in education field with the new inventions. This pandemic has restricted the world to stay indoor and has tranformed the mode of education.
- Online education on a digital platform can be accessed anywhere and anytime..
- It is cost effective and takes limited time
- In online courses,there are ample study materials and courses to avail form various universities andschool without even stepping in to the campus .
- It reduces,thus the burden of didatic study materials and pile of books to carry which has caused the health problems among the students.but now few inches screen contains everything one need.
- Leaves with you the sufficient time to focus on your interest area and enhance your skill and creativity.
- Lack of social interaction students results in their less participatory nature.
- Online education has limitiations in few fields that require research and practical knowledge .
- It has enough potential to distract students from their academic routine.
- It confines you in your own workspace and thus makes your less social
- lack of sense of competition and unable to handle the failures.